Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sleepy....

Look very closely! Yes that is Eric Jay fast asleep underneath the snuggie that matches our couch. Usually on Monday nights we go to our small group for church but last night I had to much work to do and Eric was super tired as evidenced by the above picture, this was around 8:00. I feel bad for the guy as he is getting used to working "normal" hours after a week of working the night shift in Wisconsin.

This morning was a feat in itself to get him out of bed. His alarm goes off at 4:50 in the morning usually he grumbles but gets out of bed. Not so this morning. He got up to turn off this alarm but then came back to bed....I had already stolen his pillow and I refused to give it back. I believe part of my wifely duty is to make sure he gets up and out the door on time. You may ask and how do I help with this.....

Do I make him breakfast the night before? No, I do set out the cereal bowl, spoon and juice cup.

Do I kiss him goodbye? Kindasortof, it's more of a mumbled have a great day drive safe as I'm partially coherent when he kisses me good-bye.

Do I make sure he gets out of bed.....? YES!! I'm very good at this especially since it means that if he gets back in bed I'll have to wake up in another 5 minutes to his alarm. I have learned that sometimes he comes out to the couch and lays back down.....so I have to listen for the shower before I can truly fall back asleep. Oh the tricks you learn. :-)

A big day for Eric tomorrow....Tune in tomorrow to find out why!!

2 comments:

  1. The suspense is killing me - I can't wait to hear Eric's big news! Could it perhaps be because of his birthday?!?! He has a special birthday buddy ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guessed it!! And he does have a birthday budddy who just might get a birthday shout out on the blog tonight....Hope things are well with you Paige!

    ReplyDelete