Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Yes....Today is Eric's 24th birthday! I'll give you one guess of where he wanted to eat tonight.

Guessed it yet??

CHIPOTLE! I'm not a huge fan so Eric jumped on the chance of being able to eat there.

The Birthday Boy and his Burrito

Eric claims that it wasn't very big which was a "little" disappointing for him. BUT I did buy him a piece of cheesecake at the cheesecake factory on my way home from work so I don't think he's lacking today.

I get the Salad when we go I like it when I eat it but there is an aftertaste that I don't enjoy so much which is why I turn my nose up at eating there. (and I know how many calories are in a burrito....) The dressing is SO good though, Chipotle-Lime Vinaigrette.


On your birthday at Eric's work you bring your own treats so Eric decided he wanted Magic Bars....He had to find a recipe on the internet and then I made them last night. Eric said they didn't last past 10 o'clock this morning.


It was super easy to make.
  • A graham cracker crust (1 1/2 cups graham crackers and 1/2 cup butter)
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk spread on top of graham cracker layer
  • 2 cups (1 bag) chocolate chips spread over "milk"
  • 1 1/2 cups coconut sprinkled over chocolate chip layer
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts on top of coconut layer
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Well....tomorrow I have 2 set-ups so it will be a busy day! Hope you all had a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Eric!!! I love Chipotle!! I like the salad with shredded beef on it and the lime chips with it!! I will not need to add the magic bar recipe to my "list" .....coconut. Still planning to try the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Eric!! Jill...this WHOLE time I had NO IDEA that you had your own blog until you mentioned it in your comment you left me (thank you, by the way!). I feel like such a fool! I've read through multiple posts of yours now and am a huge fan! I will be stealing your recipe ideas for sure! We'll consider it an even trade. :o) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete