Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oh Winter How I Hate Thee.....

OH YEAH! It snowed AGAIN last night.....NOT!

I wanted to write this particular blog awhile back but I didn't think it was probably cold enough (40 degrees) to complain yet and boy was I right!! With a high of 6 degrees yesterday....yes the high and with well over a foot of snow from our last storm still sticking around I decided it was time. AND to add to my misery it had to snow ANOTHER 2-3 inches last night....Eric said it's only 2-3 inches...well that's 2-3 more inches that I saw last year in Nashville.

The new snow on my car. Look at the pile of snow behind it. That's from the Christmas Blizzard.

So here you go
THE TOP 10 Reasons why I HATE Winter!


1. My hair has a lot of static.....One day I had 3 different people tell me that my hair was staticie....yes I am aware.

2. DRY SKIN!! My hands get so dry that they crack and bleed. (I'll spare you the picture)
Picture=Crazy Person (for multiple reasons)

3. I can't run outside!! for a couple of reasons at the moment. First, I would fall on my face I can barely walk to my car in the morning without coming in contact with the ground. Second, leads me to #4.

4. It's so cold out that it hurts to take a deep breath. BRRRR!
What are people thinking???
5. I can't wear flip flops.

6. The bottom of my pants get wet and then I'm even colder for the rest of the day.


7. I have a desire to hibernate. I don't want to get up in the morning and I really don't want to leave the house. Eric agrees that I would make a great bear. Sleep through the winter and make my appearance during the summer.

8. Because of #7 I become un-social. I have no desire to go BACK out in the cold after getting home for work!


9. Scraping my car takes extra time in the morning and I don't like standing out in the snow. I got nice leather gloves for Christmas which helps with this process as before I only had cloth gloves that snow quickly made them wet.

10. IT'S JUST TO DARN COLD FOR ME!!

Those who think Global Warming is Happening I invite you to come to the frozen tundra of Nebraska. You will soon change your mind.

2 comments:

  1. Moving and sorting cattle was a COLD job today - even in the southern climes of Kansas! At least the wind wasn't blowing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew says....

    You live in Nebraska....get use to it.

    ReplyDelete