Sunday, January 31, 2010

BIG DAY!!

Saturday has been greatly anticipate in our home for several months following the announcement that College Game Day would be coming to Manhattan and to top it off it was the weekend following Eric's Birthday. Which leads to his birthday request of staying at home all day watching College Game Day and the Basketball game while getting to eat all the junk food he wanted......

The list of food that Eric was requesting for the weekend has been in production for months...seriously! He would continually add to the list which included:

Shrimp-cold with cocktail sauce

Potato salad

Buffalo wings

Pizza-stuffed crust meat lovers with ranch to dip it in or the butter sauce from papa john’s

Cheetos puffs

Peanut m&ms

Peanut butter m&ms

Canned pepsi

lindor chocolate

reeses

starburst-sour and tropical flavors

string cheese-white

fruit snacks

queso

guacamole

cheesecake

crab rangoons

pineapple

sour cream and onion dip

regular lays potato chips

chipotle

beef jerky

coconut cream pie



We started out the day with cinnamon rolls (no they weren't homemade I was being a slacker...)

Eric's "set-up" for the game. He brought out his bedside table....

I learned something new about my husband, He likes to eat Cheetos and peanut m&m's at the same time. YUM?? I did not try the combination....

We were BOTH on edge during the game. Here is Eric when the game went into over-time

What a disappointing end to the game.



Not only was Saturday the Big K-State vs KU game.....Miss America was also on. Yes, I did DVR it and we watched it after the game....Eric was very surprised to learn how much I knew about the pageant system....I mean seriously I went to the Miss Kansas pageant every year the whole time I lived at home AND I happened to go as Miss Kansas, Miss America for several back-to back years for Halloween AND we did have pageants at all of my birthday slumber parties.

My favorites were Miss Oregon and Miss Oklahoma neither won but you have to have your favorites. I was very surprised that Miss Nebraska made it to the talent section....not so surprised she didn't make it past that portion.

Well back to the weekly grind tomorrow....I will be in Lincoln at least twice this week so lots of traveling to come.....

1 comment:

  1. I was shocked to see that pineapple made the junk food list. :o) You could definitely say that Adam and I were on the edge of our seats as well. Tough loss, though we put up a great fight. CONGRATS on your new home!!!

    ReplyDelete